[aroid-l] If you want an Amorphophallus..........2003

  • Subject: [aroid-l] If you want an Amorphophallus..........2003
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@worldonline.nl
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:01:24 +0100

Peoples,

Here we go again.........some leftovers of last year's growing season that
was relatively successful. The list of goodies is added at the end.

I have copied the instruction-text and policy statements below of last
year's distribution. Read
it well, so I won't get a load of superfluous mails. Honestly, everything
you need to know to get material is listed below. Hope ye all read it
well......especially the way I would like you to return your request
(address etc. included, bla, bla, see below). Do not forget to SAVE THIS
MESSAGE in case you need it again.

This year we have a rather short window in time, so I would like you all to
have your request in at the LATEST on saturday March 15, which will give you
one week to make up your mind!

The distribution of plants within the USA will be kindly assisted again by
Alan Galloway. We will ship everything to him and he'll distribute from
there. Thank you Alan!

ONE IMPORTANT ISSUE, AS IN EVERY YEAR, DON'T USE THE REPLY-KEY FOR THE ORDER
OR THE MODERATORS OF THIS LIST WILL GO CRAZY. For the correct mailing addres
see further below.

As always I will try to get something for everyone, so do not expect that
you get all you list, there just isn't enough to do that.

Extra useful this year may be the updated IAS website where Amorphophallus
pictures are plenty now, so you may try to find the species you want there,
or answer the question what this or that species looks like.
Goto: http://www.aroid.org/genera/amorphophallus/amlist.html

This also goes for a number of the non-phalloids, which you can find via the
genera-page: http://www.aroid.org/genera/index.html

The two major name changes that affected this list is that from Am.
swynnertonii to Am. mossambicensis and from Taccarum weddellianum to T.
caudatum.. So if you have material formerly distributed by me as Am.
swynnertonii (or in fact too Am. richardsii), then change the label to Am.
mossambicensis and don't order it again based on the new name. It is the
same thing, so let others have a change of requiring it. Same goes for the
Taccarum name change.

Cheerio,
Wilbert
____________

A few policy remarks
etc.

- the list contains plant names, often preceded by clone numbers. If you
want a particular clone of a species (because you already had another one
from an earlier distribution and want to play with the naughty bits to get
seed.....), please mention the clone number with the species name. If you
want a clone, any clone, don't indicate a number.

- the tubers will be sent with phytosanitary certificates.

- the tubers will be sent with the clone numbers, whether you requested a
particular clone or not. PLEASE, try to keep the clone number with your
plant on a label. There may come a time, when all of our collection freezes
over and I may have to ask your help to build it up again......(your WORST
nightmare, I know!).

- my paying policy hasn't changed, so here it is again. I am not asking
particular amounts of money for species, so rarity etc. doesn't matter. What
I ask you to pay, is what you yourself think the ordered plants are worth
for you, and please, DO include your own financial state-of-affairs in your
considerations. If you don't have much to spend, then don't. I'm happy that
you get these freaky plants.  If you have plants to swap in return, that's
fine, I'll be waiting for the offer.......

- do NOT pay before you get your plants. Then decide if everything is o.k.
Subtract from the estimated amount the plants that were DOA (and please,
mention this to me).

- paying: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, NO cheques or anything like it (incl.
money orders or what not). I only accept cash in an envelope. I know, this
is not the most secure way, but the hassle I have with cashing cheques is
beyond your imagination. It also costs a damn lot of money to do it. As if
banks didn't have enough of that stuff. So, don't even consider to do it or
ask me,
the answer is "no"!, ONLY cash. Thus far it has worked perfectly this way.

My postal address:

Wilbert Hetterscheid
Chrysantenstraat 28
1214 BM Hilversum
Netherlands

- direct all orders and related electronic correspondence to:
hetter@worldonline.nl

- PLEASE include your postal address in your ordering email. This has often
been forgotten in the past and that is a horror for the admin people. No
address, no plants.

- the CLOSING CEREMONY for this distribution is set on SATURDAY 15 MARCH!!!!
ANY order coming in later, will only be rewarded with
left-overs, if there are any at all. (Hell, even I don't know what
constitutes a "left-over" in Amorphophallus............).

- I assume that the shipping will start some two or weeks after the
closing date. Please indicate if your climate is a danger to the plants in
that period. I don't think we can avoid sending them but maybe you have an
alternative address. If not, don't order. We cannot keep the plants here for
too long because they will wake up and deteriorate.

- print out or keep this entire message because I am not going to repeat
things in individual messages.

- when you order by using the reply key, please "cut the crap", meaning, cut
out all my statements above and stick to the list, your postal adress and
what you have to say yourself. Thanks.

So, folks, here's the list. Hope you find something to your liking:

Amorphophallus:

H.AM. 066 abyssinicus
H.AM. 019 albispathus
H.AM. 777 albispathus
H.AM. 356 albus
H.AM. 1222 albus
H.AM. 048 ankarana
H.AM. 737 atrorubens
H.AM. 673 brevispathus
H.AM. 674 brevispathus
H.AM. 136 bulbifer
H.AM. 412 bulbifer
s.n. bulbifer
H.AM. 464 carneus
H.AM. 366 cicatricifer
H.AM. 368 cicatricifer
H.AM. 001 dunnii (formerly distributed by me as A. odoratus)
H.AM. 798 dunnii (formerly distributed by me as A. odoratus)
H.AM. 184 excentricus
H.AM. 867 excentricus
H.AM. 1102 glossophyllus
H.AM. 114 haematospadix
H.AM. 234 henryi
H.AM. 271 henryi
H.AM. 915 hottae
H.AM. 521 interruptus
H.AM. 522 interruptus
H.AM. 248 konjac
H.AM. 251 konjac
H.AM. 275 konjac
H.AM. 304 konjac
H.AM. 1134 konkanensis
H.AM. 938 koratensis
H.AM. 1074 x 1075 koratensis (seeds)
H.AM. 040 krausei (cf.)
s.n. lewallei
H.AM. 1131 longiconnectivus
H.AM. 1132 longiconnectivus
H.AM. 287 maxwellii
H.AM. 970 maxwellii
H.AM. 447 mossambicensis (formerly distributed by me as Am. swynnertonii !!)
H.AM. 448 mossambicensis (as above)
H.AM. 959 mossambicensis (as above)
H.AM. 585 opertus
H.AM. 227 napalensis
H.AM. 124 palawanensis
H.AM. 196 prainii
H.AM. 1052 prainii
H.AM. 925 putii
H.AM. 1160 putii
H.AM. 216 smithsonianus
H.AM. 712 sumawongii
H.AM. 714 sumawongii
H.AM. 941 sumawongii
H.AM. 719 symonianus
H.AM. 720 symonianus
H.AM. 724 symonianus
H.AM. 725 symonianus
H.AM. 728 symonianus
H.AM. 934 symonianus
H.AM. 027 taurostigma
H.AM. 946 thaiensis
H.AM. 1176 thaiensis
H.AM. 024 variabilis
H.AM. 1034 variabilis
s.n. variabilis
H.AM. 231 yuloensis
H.AM. 250 yuloensis
H.AM. 358 yuloensis
H.AM. 157 yunnanensis
H.AM. 876 yunnanensis
H.AM. 1219 yunnanensis
H.AM. 1129 yunnanensis
H.AM. 142 Pseudodracontium fallax
H.AM. 162 Pseudodracontium fallax
H.AM. 258 Pseudodracontium harmandii
H.AM. 404 Pseudodracontium harmandii
H.AM. 588 Pseudodracontium harmandii
H.AM. 793 Pseudodracontium harmandii
H.AM. 074 Pseudodracontium lacourii (variegated)
H.AM. 209 Pseudodracontium lacourii (variegated)
H.AM. 419 Pseudodracontium lacourii
H.AM. 178 Pseudodracontium macrophyllum

Non Amorphs:

H.AR. 083 Dracontium amazonense
H.AR. 062 Dracontium prancei
H.AR. 063 Dracontium gigas
H.AR. 087 Dracontium spruceanum
H.AR. 134 Dracontium spruceanum
H.AR. 184 Dracontium polyphyllum
H.AR. 296 Pinellia ternata (purple spathe inside)
H.AR. 115 Pycnospatha arietina
H.AR. 217 Pycnospatha palmata
H.AR. 252 Spathantheum fallax
H.AR. 130 Spathantheum intermedium
H.AR. 263 Spathantheum orbignyanum
H.AR. 061 Taccarum caudatum (formerly distributed by me as T. weddellianum)
H.AR. 071 Taccarum caudatum (formerly distributed by me as T. weddellianum)