Re: [aroid-l] Cultural tips for Chlorospatha?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Cultural tips for Chlorospatha?
  • From: Aroideae@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:55:03 EST

ron---i think it's worth a try.  i think they might well grow in such a
'bog', if the water were kept 'fresh', but the medium breaks down so fast in a pot,
when things are grown this way.

Wonderful!   Forget the boring lawn Gary & have a BIG pond full of your
delightful Spathiphyllum!   The thick leaved species like S. cannifolium in
water apparently tolerate/thrive in sun but the most graceful thin leaved
ones like lottsa shade.  Lynn - I don't know anything about Chlorospatha
except from the literature but I sensed it might do well in hydroculture
once it had developed "water roots"?

Best Wishes