Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus albus dormancy?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus albus dormancy?
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid (prive)" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:31:28 +0100

usually Amorphs do not respond to forcing although gradual adaptation to the
seasons of the place of imprisonment does occur but may take several years.
You could experiment with storing the tuber cold (as in 15 C) and see if
this will shorten the dormancy as it does in Caladium commercial cultivation
(up to three growing seasons in one year can be achieved). It's experimtal
but somebody must be the guineapig (did I spell this correctly?)..........