[aroid-l] Anthurium warocqueanum growers,

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Anthurium warocqueanum growers,
  • From: "Alan Galloway" <alan_galloway@ncsu.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:59:50 -0500

Several years back I was growing Anth. warocqueanum, but it always had leaf
of one kind or another.  At the time I did not have any kind of humidity or
equipment in the GH, so I never could get the plant where it even had a
non-blemished leaf.

Last year I visited a plant collector in Thailand that had a whole slew of
these plants.
See: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~alan/plants/war/1.html for a pic.  They were all
perfect.  The grower had an extensive cooling and humidifying system, which
proves that if you can give a plant the growing conditions it wants it will
perfectly.  He also grew them in what appeared to be chunks of decaying
coconut shells which provided excellent drainage.

After seeing his collection, I may have to try to grow this species again,