Re: [Aroid-l] Zantedeschia hardiness

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Zantedeschia hardiness
  • From: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:20:33 -0500

-20F! Yikes!! We are feel stressed to the limit here when temps go down to 0F and the wind chill feels like -20. Nearly killed wrapped up Musella lasiocarpa and Cortaderia. But Gladiolus also survive here, the big florist types. I figured I'd "dig their graves", 2 spade-depths down into the sandy subsoil, & they loved it. I'm tempted to try it on some of the more tender Arisaemas and get my paeoniifolius down there, albeit with a plastic dropsheet winter wetness protector.
Bonaventure