Re: [Aroid-l] Nephthytis afzelii

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Nephthytis afzelii
  • From: Geoffrey Kibby Geoffaroid@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:11:32 +0000

Dear Jani,

I have grown many Nephthytis from seed. If they still have the orange seed coat around the seed then put the entire berry in the soil and keep warm and moist. Germination is very slow, often many weeks but is almost 100 percent with this method. Removing the orange seed coat seems to reduce the germination rate!

Regards,
Geoffrey Kibby