RE: [Aroid-l] Anchomanes giganteus?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Anchomanes giganteus?
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:17:32 +0000

From : 	Baumfarn Webmaster <webmaster@baumfarn.at>
Sent : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:14 PM
To : Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : [Aroid-l] Anchomanes giganteus

Dear Friend,

Are you certain that you have a 'true' Anchomanes giganteus? I recall that several years ago some seed that were SAID to be of A. giganteus were distributed, but there were many doubts as to their authenticity, and many said that they were just seeds of A. difformis. Do you know the source of your plant??? As far as I am aware, true A. giganteus is not in cultivation at this time, I stand to be corrected on this statement!! Wilbert???
When it blooms, it should be not too difficult to tell if it is A. difformis, A. giganteus or another species. A. difformis grows well in a jungle-mix of soil w/ a little sand added.

Good Growing!

Hello all,
my Anchomanes giganteus seems to sprout after nearly 7 months!!
IAS means that most times this is just an Anch.difformis.
Neverthless does anyone know anything about the culture?
Currently its start sprouting in an 8 cm pot.

treeferns & aroids: http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern (http://www.baumfarn.at)
Amorphophallus network: http://www.amorphophallus.baumfarn.at/

Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list