Re: [Aroid-l] Anchomanes giganteus

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Anchomanes giganteus
  • From: "Ágoston János" agoston.janos@citromail.hu
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:43:51 +0100

Dear Peter,

As I remember it needs an acidic soil. If the soil isn't acidic it starts to turn yelloy and the vegetation period is much shorter, this means that the tuber became smaller. I put it into a 22 cm pot with some Osmocote 15-15-15 and emerged in august, faded in october, in a half shaded position. It was between high plants, so it needs some humidity.

Best Wishes,

Jani