Re: [Aroid-l] Tasting Lemna minor

At 05:30 AM 3/21/2006, you wrote:

In the spirit of reckless scientific curiosity, I tasted a few specimens of Lemna minor last night. I am pleased, and somewhat disappointed to record that I could not detect any taste at all. They have a pleasant sort of crispy texture and might serve to bulk up a salad in an interesting way.

I ate them as a child when they grew prolifically in an aquarium. they were a bit like alfalfa sprouts, in a bland and generic kind of way.

Aroid-l mailing list