Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron verrucosum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron verrucosum
  • From: Neil Crafter golfstra@senet.com.au
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:44:09 +0930

Dear MJ
I love P verrucosum, one of my favourite philos, with its red infusion at the back of the leaf blade and the branching pattern venation - plus the 'hairy' petioles! But its a bugger to grow - very sensitive I have found and I think it likes very high humidity and doesn't seem to like getting too cool. My plants leaves are fairly small and the internodes get fairly long and the stem fairly thin, but I have seen it in the tropics with rather large leaves and thick stem.
A lovely, but difficult plant in my experience.
cheers Neil

Neil Crafter
Philodendron enthusiast
IAS Board member