RE: [Aroid-l] Nematodes

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Nematodes
  • From: "Denis Rotolante" denis@skg.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:00:28 -0500

Margaret:

Temik is very toxic systemic. In the form I am familiar with it was a
pesticide which is carried on a seed grain and the grain carrier is
applied to the surface of soil and watered in so it can leach out into
the soil and then into the plant roots. I haven't used it in 30 years.

The rule of thumb here is that you must follow the label directions.

I would think the only way to apply it to amorphophallus tubers would be
to wait until the plants are in strong rapid growth with a good root
system and then dose the soil with an appropriate amount. It should be
absorbed into the roots and tuber thus killing any nematodes and any
thing else in the soil.

Denis
Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Fl