RE: [Aroid-l] Nematodes/Temik

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Nematodes/Temik
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:00:35 +0000

From : 	Denis Rotolante <denis@skg.com>
Sent : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:00 PM
To : "'Discussion of aroids'" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : RE: [Aroid-l] Nematodes

Dear Margret,
In addition to the GREAT advice given by my friend Dennis (a commercial and VERY knowledgeable grower here in S. Florida, I offer the following additional advice in CAPITALS below the message from Dennis (below)

Margaret:
Temik is very toxic systemic.
I haven't used it in 30 years.
The rule of thumb here is that you must follow the label directions.
It should be absorbed into the roots and tuber thus killing any nematodes and any
thing else in the soil.---OR NEARBY, INCLUDING CARELESS AROID GROWERS WHO DO NOT WEAR RUBBER GLOVES, A DUST MASK, AND WHATEVER OTHER SAFETY EQUIP RECOMENDED!!!!

JULIUS
WPB,
FLORIDA

Denis