Re: [Aroid-l] Sign up to get - what? (the vine and the seed?)

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Sign up to get - what? (the vine and the seed?)
  • From: "Peter Matthews" pjm@gol.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:21:02 +0900
  • Bounce-to: "Peter Matthews"

Dear All.

It seems to me that we cannot really judge what is good or better or best
until we actually see the first few issues of the online version.

I would recommend a hybrid system:

Online frequently, and an annual print edition with highlights from the
year online.

If the internet is vegetative, or a vine, then maybe the printed issue is
a seed.

We need both kinds of propagation!

Cheers, Peter

On 29/3/2006, "Albert M Huntington" <amh@ieee.org> wrote:

>Folks ( and members of the IAS in particular ),
>  As we've been working on getting an electronic version of the
>IAS newsletter going, it's become apparent that an e-mail with
>a summary and a link to the new newsletter needs to be an
>important part of our distribution system.
>  If you'd like to get notified of the availabilty of the next
>newsletter ( online and in full color! ) before it arrives in
>your mailbox, head on over to the following web address and
>sign up:
>  Alternatively, if you don't like the idea of an electronic
>newsletter, you can go to the same place and register your
>disapproval.  The IAS Board is talking about the possibility of
>going all-electronic with the newsletter at some point, but we
>need input as to whether the membership thinks it's a good
>idea, and this web form is the place to give that input.
>Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list