[Aroid-l] philodendron verrucosum

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] philodendron verrucosum
  • From: john s smolowe johnssmolowe@pacbell.net
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:58:45 -0800

gee, i don't have any trouble with p. verrucosum either. if i keep up with tying the internodes to a pole, the leaves stay large (7"); if i forget and let the stems wander, the leaves get small again (3"). it's in my master bath under a frosted skylight, high 80 degrees in summer, low 60 degrees in winter - i.e. much less temperature variation than in my greenhouse. humidity is moderate - not as high as in my greenhouse.

the aroid i keep killing is xanthosoma atrovirens albomarginata. buy it, kill it, buy it kill it. i'm thinking of buying another, so any tips would be appreciated.

john smolowe
menlo park, ca.
Aroid-l mailing list