[Aroid-l] Xanthosoma

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Xanthosoma
  • From: "FrankBln" f_h_bln@gmx.net
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:54:23 +0200

Hello members,

some months ago I have bought to little rhizomes of Xanthosoma sagittifolium and X. maffafa. While the first one grows very well, the latter just develops one leave which gets brown after unfolding and dies off when the second comes. I have the plant on this sill of a south facing window, normal room temperature. I have prepared a more open substrate mix compared to the one of the X. sag., because I have heard that it maffafa easily rots. Shall I transplant it in a mor water retaining substrate. I also tried to let some water rest in the saucer beneath, but it does not help. Any hints are appreciated.

Frank, Berlin, Germany

Aroid-l mailing list