Re: [Aroid-l] Help to determine a Philodendron

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Help to determine a Philodendron
  • From: Franck fradnai@free.fr
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:19:17 +0200

Hello Denis,
You are the second person to tell me that it could be billietiae and I will must be abble to compare it with an other one near my home (I didn't know it before yesterday, before Genevieve contact me directly). The plant grow in good conditions seen the growh but the numeric material that I have used has a big flash and I have not retook the picture before sending, only about size (and no more for this last). The plant has been taken on a tree which was cutted in French Guiana before to pass in fire ! The conditions of light where the plant grow is near of the quantity of light which arrives under the trees of forest, but the temperature is a little lower... but this must be changed in the months to come (I have changed of house and not the time to reinstall all the material !). So I note the name because I think that it will be the good one.
Thanks for your help

Denis Rotolante a écrit :
The second Philodendron is possibly P.billietiae but it appear to be
growing in deep shade so it is not showing much color on the petioles or
stem. We grew quite a few of these for the IAS Auction from cuttings
form French Guiana.
Franck RADNAI - http://fradnai.free.fr/
Aroid-l mailing list