Re: [Aroid-l] Help to determine a Philodendron

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Help to determine a Philodendron
  • From: aroids aroids@numericable.fr
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:48:02 +0200

Dear Franck,

I think that the first pictured plant is most probably Philodendron linnaei, not P. insigne as it is not possible to distinguish obvious primary lateral veins ... the second one is indeed P. billietiae, which is rather variable, the form with very narrow blades usually found in cultivation (probably more attractive ?) and indeed the petioles are usually very orange when grown in full sun ...

With best regards,

David