RE: [Aroid-l] Syngonium

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Syngonium
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:10:26 -0500

Dear Eric:

            Most Syngonium in cultivation here in North America do not get pollinated so don’t set seeds.  Even in the wild mature fruits are not frequently seen owing to the fact that mature fruits are tasty and animals quickly remove them.  What is the nature of this project and what to you mean by a LOT of seeds?  If you prefer you could contact me off line.

Tom

Tom Croat, P. A. Schulze Curator of Botany

Missouri Botanical Garden

Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63116

(314) 577-5163

Thomas.Croat@mobot.org