[Aroid-l] Alocasia

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Alocasia
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" <steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:12:19 -0500

I recieved another alocasia photo from Leland Miyano in Hawaii with a request for help with an ID.

The plant appears to me to be similar to the Alocasia scalprum photo I posted earlier on Leland's behalf that Pete and others identified.  He tells me this plant is very different from the one identified as A. scalprum.  Leland says this one is glossy with a much smoother surface and is light blue-grey in color.

Since several said A. scalprum was highly variable is this a variation of that species or something different?

Thanks for all the help!

Steve Lucas