Re: Does this Anthurium look familiar?

  • Subject: Re: Does this Anthurium look familiar?
  • From: "Windy Aubrey" <exotics@hawaii.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:15:25 -1000

First off I would like to thank Adam, Denis, Tom, Marcus and Eduardo for their input.

I received some informative emails privately regarding this plant and I did some investigating.  From this I found out, so far, that this Anthurium in question was originally in the collection of Dorothy Henkle, presumably collected in Brazil.

I have learned that it is in the section Urospadix.  I believe this species is currently being described.  There is another species, Anthurium jureianum, in the Urospadix section that is very similar, except for it's leaf is peltate.

At the time I started this thread our plant did not have a spathe, but since has produced one.
I have attached some additional pictures including the spathe, in hope that these images will confirm an identification.

Thanks again,
Windy

Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
DSCN1306.jpg
DSCN1322 (2).jpg
DSCN1323.jpg
DSCN1324 (3).jpg