Re: Fwd: Blooming Titanum in Summit, New Jersey

  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Blooming Titanum in Summit, New Jersey
  • From: bonaventure@optonline.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:57:15 +0000 (GMT)

Two weeks ago I went for a short trip to the restaurant, the food was good and Fevsi is an amiable and engaging host. The highlight was of course when he took my girlfriend and me down to the basement past the kitchen to see the one in bloom and one starting growth. Nearly past its prime, the smell was still there a bit, especially as you lean forward and sniff the spadix, I sure hope he had an out and back air pressure flow there during the week! As we crowded around the walls of the little room to make room for the star an occasional disruptive flash from a camera set up by the Newark Star-Ledger with time delay startled us. I took some pictures with my cell phone, but as they did not comeout well. I'll wait for good software to download them (and the computer that doesn't have a broken D drive for CD's) and maybe will send them in.

Bonaventure Magrys
New Jersey