Re: "Elephant Ear"??? Man, I hate that term!

  • Subject: Re: "Elephant Ear"??? Man, I hate that term!
  • From: piaba <piabinha@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:03:33 -0700 (PDT)

well, you all know by now what a mess common names
are.  i have not yet seen elephant ear to refer to
Anth., Philo., not even Caladium, it's usually
reserved for Colocasia, Xantho. and sometimes

the worse was years ago at the philadelphia flower
show, there were vendors selling Zamio. seedlings,
calling them pre-historic plants, and telling people
they were the plants that dinosaurs munched on.  of
course, what they were thinking of were cycads...

tsuh yang

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Aroid-L mailing list