Arisaema sp. seedling help

  • Subject: Arisaema sp. seedling help
  • From: Tindomul Er-Murazor <tindomul1of9@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

I planted many seeds of an Arisaema species native to Long Island, most likely A. triphyllum. Only 1 seed germinated so far, 7 months after I planted them, slightly covering them with soil and keeping the soil moist. The soil is a combination of sphag, bark, and all sorts of other large items which makes it fast draining and sligtly acidic.
The one leaf it has now has been all it has produced in about a months worth of growth. Its hasn't done anything else.
Does anyone know about growing these from seed? What happens next? Is it going to die on me if no more leaves come? SHould I change something? I have it under artificial lights at a temp of around 80.
Attached is a picture

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/Czar024/Arisaemasp-01.jpg