Re: Arisaema sp. seedling help

  • Subject: Re: Arisaema sp. seedling help
  • From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 23:31:24 -0600

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Arisaema sp. seedling help
Where did you obtain your seeds?  Did you harvest them yourself?  Many seeds need to undergo a period of chilling called vernalization.  I always obtained my best germination of A. triphyllum by cleaning the seed in fall, then placing them in the refrigerator in damp sphagnum moss in a zip lock type plastic bag.  As I recall, some had already germinated when I removed the bag in April to plant out the seed.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mailto:llmen@wi.rr.com