Re: Arisaema sp. seedling help

  • Subject: Re: Arisaema sp. seedling help
  • From: Tindomul Er-Murazor <tindomul1of9@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Don,

Thanks for the help.  I did not give them the winter conditions.  Thats probably why only 1 of the many seeds I got germinated.  I got the seeds from a friend in Long Island who the plants in fruit in August in his back yard.  He had just bought his house and the plants were there, I had to tell him not to mow them down.
I did some more asking around/research and from what I was told it is normal for the seedling to have only 1 leaf in its first growing season.
Ok here is my challenge.  I don't have property outdoors to grow these.  Can I grow this indoors under artificial lights?  Can I refrigerated them in the winter months?
Thanks again.