Re: Cryptocoryne Leaves - Books on Cryptocoryne

  • Subject: Re: Cryptocoryne Leaves - Books on Cryptocoryne
  • From: ted.held@us.henkel.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:02:31 -0500

Georg and Others,

The Kasselmann book is available in English and I recommend it to anyone interested in the wide array of aquatic plants and their cultivation. There is a nice section on Cryptocoryne, as well as Anubias, and Lagenandra. You can order it from any book store or from on-line places like Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc. If I remember correctly it cost me about $75 US.

Ted.

Georg Gschnitzer <gschnu@gmail.com>
Sent by: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com

03/23/2008 05:36 AM

Please respond to
Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>

Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
cc
Subject
Re: [Aroid-l] Cryptocoryne Leaves - Books on Cryptocoryne

Hello,

the book from Christel Kasselmann is still available: Go to
www.ulmer-verlag.de and search (Suche) for Wasserpflanzen or Kasselmann

It is not exactly cheap (€ 49,90), but they say it was translated into 6
languages. So one of them should be English, i think...

The book from Hendrik de Wit is also available there (€ 29,90).

There is another book only on Cryptocoryne by Niels Jacobsen from 1979*,
*(112 pages*,* ISBN 3-87401-035-X, ca.€ 12,00,* *Ed:* *Alfred Kernen
Verlag),
which ist still recomended by aquarium lovers. You can still find it on
www.amazon.de as a used book from private sellers.

As my aquaristic carreer ended in the 1990, I do not know these books,
but books from Eugen Ulmer Verlag are always from very high quality!

Best wishes from Austria

Georg