Re: Anthurium hookeri germination

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium hookeri germination
  • From: "Denis" <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:55:11 -0500

Title: Message
In our experience growing anthurium seeds in a shadehouse with a lot of humidity and subtropical climate, we plant untreated fresh anthurium seed on top of the growing media and it usually germinates without rotting.(Though sometimes we have trouble with birds or rodents eating the seed.) Depending on where you are growing them you may want more humidity so seeds do not dry out. For more ambient humidity around seed put the container of seeds & medium  in clear plastic bag to germinate. As for germinating medium you can use sphagnum moss or a peat based soil mix.

Denis
Silver Krome Gardens
homestead Florida