Re: Initiation of Flowering in Amorphophallus

  • Subject: Re: Initiation of Flowering in Amorphophallus
  • From: E Morano <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:38:31 -0700 (PDT)

I wouldnt say that im critical against GA3. I love the stuff when I can find a good application for it. For instance, 85-100 ppm spray has gotten me near 100% flower set on my tomatoes. I think just be cautions and experiment on plants you are not afraid of loosing. Ive noticed the the effects of ga3 are not usually permanent. So if you do get negative results and the plant does not die then most likely it will return to normal.

"StroWi@t-online.de" <StroWi@t-online.de> wrote:
Dear Tom,

after the critical comments of our fellow aroiders regarding GA-treatment, I do certailly understand that you do not want to fool around with your titanum, I would not either. And I am very well aware that growth regulator treatments are a delicate thing and that the results are not predictable without a wider range of experiments (concentration of the GR, "physiological" status of the plant, etc.)

So, you have to stick to:

Happy feeding and watering and wishing success,
Bernhard.