Re: Alocasia identification

Hi David,

 This is Alocasia odora. The appendix wider that the male flower zone,
 glaucous spathe and oblong (not lanceolate) spathe limb are diagnostic. The
 leaves of this and A. macrorrizos are similar, but A. odora is always
slightly peltate in the sinus between the posterior lobes whereas A.
 macrorrizos has the posterior costae (and thus sinus) naked in adult plants
 (although IS peltate in juvenile plants).

 Very best