Re: Mature Typhonodorum Lind. In European collections?

  • Subject: Re: Mature Typhonodorum Lind. In European collections?
  • From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 03:49:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Julius,
How are you and Susan doing?  It's been a while since we communicated.
As you know, I have two large, mature Typhonodorums.  They flower repeatedly throughout the year, but seed production is sometimes unreliable, for whatever reason.  Or it may just be that I'm not checking my plants regularly enough!  Whatever the case, now that I know you are looking for seeds, I'll keep a sharper lookout.
All the other aquatic aroids, including Dracontioides, are doing great, in spite of the fact that our total rainfall for the last five  months has probably not exceeded one inch!.  Planted in giant containers with no drainage, they flourish.  I'll keep you posted.
All the best,