Re: Mature Typhonodorum Lind. In European collections?

  • Subject: Re: Mature Typhonodorum Lind. In European collections?
  • From: "Horak, David" <davidhorak@bbg.org>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:51:22 -0400

Julius,

I have seed of Typh. lind. that  is approaching maturity. I will have to check to see if I can send it legally overseas. It certainly should not be a CITES issue, but if a phyto is required we would not be able to do it. However, if you are interested,  I can certainly send some to you or small plants. I have quite a few as well as Montrichardia arborescens seedlings. I have a couple extra divisions of the Lasia spinosa that probably originated with you; perhaps a dozen chunks of Lasimorpha senegalense; as well as about 8-10 huge pieces of Cyrtosperma merkusii. The Cyrto. had to be chopped up last week to make room for a Victoria in one of our pools. I am keeping a couple divisions besides what will be on display. It is annoying to me that I have such a hard time distributing excess material, but between the time spent packing and now the costs (which we cannot absorb) for shipping it is tough.

I would love to be able to get them to the aroid community but we cannot afford to ship and most people do not have the room to absorb much plant material. If you have suggestions let me know. I hate to throw plant material away.

Best,

Dave Horak