Julius Aroid Recordings (and Others)
- Subject: Julius Aroid Recordings (and Others)
- From: Theodore Held <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:34:50 -0500
Dear Friends of Julius.
The following is the current list of Julius recordings available at Ted Knight's web site. Feel free to listen to them. Some of them (well, one does, anyway) contain comments about aroids. Others show an amazing range of singular experiences. To tap in, copy this and get to it.
As the site states:
Each vignette is an MP3 of five to 15 minutes, compressed to less than 3 MB to load in a reasonable time. The second voice occasionally heard is that of Ted Knight, who lives near Julius in South Florida and is helping with the recordings. The two met at the annual aroids conference in Coral Gables, Florida, where they became friends.
- Quito_woodcarver - Jules tells about a boy he befriended in Ecuador who is now an artist with the Vatican.
- Edible aroids - Learning about the plants from his father in Trinidad, and years later feeding the IAS conference with his recipes.
- Trinidad Christmas with hot peppers - His mother was a wonderful cook, and the traditional holiday meal she prepared sounds exotic and exciting.
- Mary Brown and palanka - You can get along a lot better in a third-world country when you know somebody with palanka, or leverage.
- Giovanni and the horse - A story about thrift and the way it was practiced by the good Marianist priest when he heard about a five-dollar chicken.
- Blowgun boy, Uncle Frenchy, and the shrunken head - Young Julius is inspired by a cheap paperback, and then gets to see the real thing.
- Working oil rigs in Trinidad and Ecuador - Proud to tackle one of the hardest jobs in the world, and doing it well.
- The Shuara feast and the bag of salt - Breaking the rules, he gives two people a lift in the pouring rain and has an amazing experience as a result.
- The blowgun hunt - Making more friends among the Shuaras, Jules gets to show off the skill he learned as a boy.
- Eat your spinach - The dinner table discipline drummed into Julius as a boy pays off when he's offered a weird native brew.
Take it from me, these are fun. I think new ones will be added from time to time, so check back at your leisure.
Aroid-L mailing list
Other Mailing lists |
Author Index |
Date Index |
Subject Index |