From: ExoticRainforest Steve@exoticrainforest.com
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:19:43 -0600
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus konjac size

<head>

</head>
anyone is welcome to chime in.<br>
I have at least 40 <i>Amorphophallus konjac</i> in my yard in NW
Arkansas (zone 6B) that never come out of the ground.  I make zero
claim to any expertise in these species but I have been reading about
them and ran across some information I find "interesting".  We have dug
up the tubers from time to time in order to transplant or give them
them away but I've never seen any that are huge.  The largest is likely
15cm (6 inches) across, yet I read posts on some of the garden sites
from people that talk about 7 to 9 kilo (15 to 20 pound) tubers growing
in fairly cold zones.  Is this scientifically possible?<br>
Steve Lucas<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.ExoticRainforest";>www.ExoticRainforest</a><br>