Seed Distribution : Anthurium pallidiflorum

  • Subject: Seed Distribution : Anthurium pallidiflorum
  • From: Albert Huntington <balberth@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 23:18:50 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

I have harvested a seedhead of Anthurium pallidiflorum and have some extra
berries.

Actually, what happened was I had selfed a plant and noticed the berries turning
color, and neglected the greenhouse for a week or two too long.  This evening I
went in there and found the seedhead had detached an fallen to the floor.  So
these berries are quite ripe.

If you would like a couple, please send your name and mailing address OFF THE
LIST to amh@ieee.org

Anthurium pallidiflorum is one of the thin strap-leafed ones, and in my opinion
one of the better ones.  It's not got the longest leaves, but they are nicely
textured and velvety.

About the first 10 people to respond will receive a few berries - seeds should
be removed from berries and planted in long fiber sphagnum moss. Priority will
be given to members of the IAS, contributors to this list, and people who have
sent me material in the past.

AGAIN - DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST - REPLY TO ME PERSONALLY IF YOU WANT SEED

(Also - it's unfortunately winter here in the northern hemisphere - please do
not request seed if it is still freezing in your area; it is likely the seeds
won't arrive in a viable state.)

All the best,
Albert Huntington