light requirements for Amorphophallus titanum

  • Subject: light requirements for Amorphophallus titanum
  • From: Nancy Greig <ngreig@hmns.org>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 19:38:22 +0000

Hello Aroid experts,

We have a fairly large A. titanum that bloomed a few years ago â it has not yet gotten as big as it was then.  We want to move it from our greenhouses to the butterfly center (a simulated rainforest environment), but I am worried that it may not get enough light in the latter habitatâ  Anyone know about the light level requirements for these plants?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy Greig