Philodendron goeldii

  • Subject: Philodendron goeldii
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:55:45 -0500

Title: Philodendron goeldii
I will be visiting Las Cruces in November and will have to keep an eye out for it.  Perhaps I can get some good photos.

-- Don Martinson
   Milwaukee, Wisconsin

On 3/29/16, 7:55 PM, "Ron Weeks" <ronweeks518@bellsouth.net> wrote:

  It is without a doubt Philodendron goeldii.
 Now for some history press rewind... keep pressing. I worked at a nursery named Fantastic Gardens from 1972-1977. We had a plant of Thaumatophyllum spruceanum and was told it was one of a few in cultivation. Our plant never flowered. I lusted for this plant and about two years later had the joy of planting seed of what had now become Philodendron goeldii. The seed probably came from Bob Wilson at Las Cruces Botanical Gardens in Costa Rica. The specie itself is stunning, The hybrids it has produced are amazing. Now that I'm all stirred up I might bring one to the Aroid Show.