Re: New photo

Dick,

I have seen thousands of mutations during my twenty year career in plant
tissue culture, but the Amorphophallus in this image is by far the most
spectacular mutation I have ever seen, or heard of, if it is truly a
mutated plant out of tissue culture.  I think it is much more likely an
escaped or introduced Am. pendulus.  As to the exact identification of the
specimen, I will defer to Wilbert's judgment.

I know that Ron Gagliardo and the other staff at the Atlanta Botanical
Gardens do seem to make miracles happen with their very competent
horticulture and tissue culture, but I seriously doubt that the origin of
the plant to be from a mutated culture.  Regardless, the image is of a fine
looking aroid, and I will be interested in getting a plant after they
become available from Ron's competent cloning efforts.

Regards,  Scott
--
Mr. Scott E. Hyndman
Winter Park, Florida