New photo

Greetings:  I received this message from Ron Gagliardo at the Atlanta
Botanical Garden.  The address for the photo is:

This plant appeared in a batch of Amorphophallus planted out from our
lab in Oct. 97.  At that time, we had 5 species in culture, A.
curvistilus, gigas, knojac, titanum and variabilis.  Some of these other
species are seen in the background.  This particular one is most likely
a mutant of A. konjac, but we can't be 100 % sure because when it came
up in the greenhouse, it was among the tc plants, but without a label.
It does look like A. pendulus in the Aroideana photo, but we have never
had A. pendulus at ABG and of course, never had it in tissue culture.
So, that's the story.  Of course, we plan to put this clone back in
tissue culture and hope it comes true.

He thought you might be interested in seeing the plant.

Richard L. Mansell                             Phone: H(813) 961-7072
Biology Department, LIF 136                           W(813) 974-1588
University of South Florida                    Fax:    (813) 974-1614
Tampa, FL 33620
Home: 13508 Little Lake Place, Tampa, FL 33613-4134
   WWW -