Help with ID

Dear Aroiders...
While in Puerto Vallarta, I came across a large potted aroid (in
fruit/flower) at the Paradisus Hotel.  I haven't gotten my pictures back
yet, but in the meantime, the plant was perhaps somewhat less than 3 ft
high and 3 ft wide.  The leaves were many, about 2 ft long, 6 inches wide
and very short petioled, giving the plant the appearance of a large birds
nest fern, but with heavier and darker green leaves.  Any suggestions for
me to cogitate upon until my pictures come back?

Don Martinson
Medical College of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
dmartin@post.its.mcw.edu