Re: Help with ID

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Martinson <>
To: <>
Date: Friday, March 13, 1998 1:40 AM
Subject: Help with ID

Dear Don,
Try one of the "birds nest Anthuriums.

>Dear Aroiders...
While in Puerto Vallarta, I came across a large potted aroid (in
fruit/flower) at the Paradisus Hotel.  I haven't gotten my pictures back
yet, but in the meantime, the plant was perhaps somewhat less than 3 ft
high and 3 ft wide.  The leaves were many, about 2 ft long, 6 inches wide
and very short petioled, giving the plant the appearance of a large birds
nest fern, but with heavier and darker green leaves.  Any suggestions for
me to cogitate upon until my pictures come back?

Don Martinson<
Medical College of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin