RE: Spring, and the Synandrospadix are blooming ...

Dear Steve,

Last year I pollinated a Gorgonidium, which may be a lesson for
Synandrospadix too. Take pollen of the oldest inflor as soon as it is
released. Then open the other one (provided is is already well-developed
but still closed) by cutting away the entire spathe and brush the pollen
on the stigmas of that second one. Then wait....................

My Gorgonidium produced a huge and spectacular fruiting cone with deep
purple berries but the seeds were sort of semi-aborted.