Re: non-aroid question: Manihot

Lester,
I would be surprised if you could kill Manihot at all.
Here in central florida it loses all leaves but comes back quickly in the
spring. any size cutting or broken stem roots just by falling on the
ground. I have to be sure to throw the clippings away or I would have half
my yard taken over by that beautiful variegated 'weed'.
Just try watering and light fertilizing and stand back!
Don Bittel