Re: Xan. Amovirans Horrida

I think you are asking about Xanthosoma atrovirens variegatum monstrosum,
commonly known as the Mouse plant because it has the leaf cupped with a
tail at the end. The leaf will actually hold water in the cup. The leaf is
also heavily variegated white, and is puckered and has raised areas on the
upper surface.

I struggled with this plant for years until I set a pot in my garden area,
intending to repot it. Forgotten, the plant escaped through the holes in
the pot, and the new plants grew quickly in the rich wet soil, getting 3-4
feet tall with huge leaves about 16" x 20"! So I dumped the pot over, and
just grew less tomatoes.
Hope this helps.
Don Bittel
Palm City, Florida

> From: Don Burns <burns@mobot.mobot.org>
> To: dbittel@treco.net
> Subject: Re: Xan. Amovirans Horrida
> Date: Thursday, March 25, 1999 8:08 PM
>
> > Could someone tell me the proper cultural requirements for Xan.
Amovirans=