Alocasia wentii

Dear All,
3 questions:
1) I have just obtained a magnificent plant of A.wentii (very large, 4 feet
plus high and with beautiful purple reverse to the leaves). I understand that
this plant may actually be a hybrid and that the real wentii is not in general
cultivation. If that is the case can anyone tell me the parentage of the

2) Do Alocasias hybridize easily? The A. wentii is coming in to flower and I
thought I would try to cross it with another species if I can find one in

3) Lastly does anyone have seeds/tubers of A. Hilo Beauty? (if it sets seeds
at all!). This is impossible to obtain in Britain and it is SO beautiful.....

Many thanks,
Geoffrey Kibby