Re: plastic plant labels

I have bought the plastic stick-in-the ground plant labels at a local nursey for
.02 each. But eventually these crumble or break very easy. Also the magic maker
eventually fades on these. I have used ventian blinds but the magic maker writing
fades on these also. The plastic markers would probably do very well inside a
greenhouse but outdoors the look like little mouse grave markers. I have used the
zinc metal markers but the metal legs rust plus the special paint I used that was
suppose to last didn't. I tried engraving the metal markers but that is hard to
read. Also it is very cumbersome and time consuming. Markers in pencil has not
lasted outdoors either.
Oh well, back to the drawing board.