Re: plastic plant labels

>Where do you get the self adhesive mylar and the polycarbonate 1/8" thick
> 5/8" X  7" sticks?
>Source and part numbers if possible, please.

The mylar is Cleer-Adheer Clear Laminating Sheets No. 65001 which  I buy in
boxes of 50 for around $25. The sticks are either ones I cut or which I
farm out to aplastics company. I am now looking for a local company to do
it. I don't have a favorite polycarbonate plastic brand. I suggest that if
you wish to do this, you look around for a local company to do it. Normally
if you ask the company to do it as a baskground job, you can get a better
price. Some years ago (~7?) the price of acrylic labels, including both
material and cutting was $0.30. Polycarbonate will probably cost double
that.  These plastics come in 4' X 8' sheets. I am about to get a full
sheet's worth of label sticks.

>How do you cover the printing? Stick the two halves of a sheet together?

In my recent labels, much nicer than the one for Genista dalmatica, and
taking advantage of the much wider array of fonts than were  available 15
years ago, I now use 18point Helvetica or Arial for the plant name and 9
point for the source and date of planting.