Plant Labels

Some interesting information about labeling techniques has been discussed
in the last day or so. For my purpose, which is simply to grow stuff if I
like it, two labels suffice. The first label has the plant info written
on it with a plain old #2 pencil. The second label is placed against the
first covering the writing, and the two are then shoved into the medium
at the edge of the container such that the tops of the two are slightly
visible. The second lable simply protects what is written on the first,
and covering them with medium protects them from the sun.

Dewey showed me this trick, and it works fine for me. I have labels out
there that are 5 years old and still going strong.