Re: Pollination of Anthurium willifordii

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Pollination of Anthurium willifordii
  • From: Betsytrips@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 20:28:56 -0500 (CDT)

donburns@macconnect.com writes:

<< has anyone
 successfully produced seed on A. willifordii? >>
Many times. It is very easy to pollinate. Dewey's plant that he put into
cultivation was a seedling off of my plant. Jack Williford first distributed
this plant from seed off of his collected plant. Actually Charlie McDaniel
found this plant during one of my first collecting trips back in the late
seventies or early eighties. It was one of the very first anthuriums I ever
collected and only then because Charlie told me to take it. It will flower a
great deal if disturbed and cut up for multiplying. The seeds are purple and
small.

Good luck with your efforts.

Betsy