Re: Araceae

To add to the debate, currently there are several Amorphophallus species in
bloom in my collection and we notice that at dawn and dusk, the aromas that
these blooms produce are at their zenith and quite overwhelming.  During the
course of the day, the blooms generally do not produce much of an odor.  It
appears that the plants are seeking pollinators which are apt to come out in
the cooler parts of the day--dawn and dusk.  Does this sound correct?

Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, FL