Re: Hats Off to the Editor

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Hats Off to the Editor
  • From: "Bonaventure W Magrys" <magrysbo@shu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:40:10 -0500 (CDT)

Don, They may all grow well in the tropics (I regurlarly force mine under metal
halide lights in a very warm and humid enclosure in winter. In bloom within a
month usually, they then need only 2 - 3 months more of my high
soil regimen before severly drying out (you can spade them out and put the root
ball in a garage - I've done this in July*) and removing the tuber when the
is bone dry and the stalk and leaves shrivel, and placing in paper sacks.
~~~~~~~~~All you gotta do then in the tropics is place that in your
refridgerator for three months and then you can plant back out in the heat and
humidity~~~~~~~~ - *again with blooms, fittingly, ready for Halloween as grown
in my light enclosure.
Bonaventure Magrys
Elizabeth, NJ

Don Burns <donburns@macconnect.com> on 05/24/2000 08:41:15 PM